Maintaing a clean, litter-free business is an important element of customer sevice.
Tips for Reducing Litter Around Your Business:
- Establish a daily schedule for removing trash from the areas surrounding your building.
- Report broken, dirty or damaged public trash containers to Andy Carlson at Andrew.Carlson@minneapolismn.gov or (612) 673-2836.
- Establish the expectation that employees will pick up trash in or around your place of business.
- If you have a fence, remove trapped litter from fence lines on a regularly scheduled basis.
- If you have a parking lot, have a plan in place to keep it litter-free.
- Consider enclosing your dumpster with a fence to minimize the amount of trash that blows out of the dumpster.
- Instruct delivery drivers to pick up litter that falls from their trucks.